My System in organizing my digital stashFriday, February 19, 2010
I'm addicted to organizing my digi stash. I always find ways or reason to organized it. :) I have a small hard drive only 80GB then it was partitioned to 3:
(E:) 40GB Digital Scrapbooking kits
(D:) 20GB Photos and Other stuff
(C:) 20GB Programs and OS
Drive E: contains the following folders with sub folders:
- Journaling Pieces
- Photo mask
- Text Path
- Word Pieces
- Word Art
- Paper Pack
- 365 Project
- New Stuff
- Designer Folder
- 1 photo
- 2 photos
- 3 photos
- 4 photos
- 5 photos
- 6 photos
- 7 photos
- 8-9 photos
- 10 photos or more
- Designer Folder
- Old/Assorted Fonts
- New/Month download/Need to Back up
- Currently February 2010
- Files are name by number
- I burn my digi stash in dvd (4.7 gb contains 6 folders e.g. J7 to L7)
- I download and buy kits that I'm going to use to prevent deleting
- Basic stuff folder and Basic theme folder have different kits. I don't duplicate or copy kits to two folders.
- I backed up PSD files, photos, Fonts, Photoshop Brush, Action, Style, etc at the end of the month.
- My brush and font folder is also organized.
- I read the idea on how to arrange templates from Katie The scrapbook lady
My Photo folder is arrange this way:
By month and Year (Current month and year) stay in my hard drive while previous month is deleted after I back up. within this folder photos are arrange according to what event e.g Dinner Date with Hubby, Tin's Birthday, etc.
By month and year (edit, scrap and upload to flickr and FB) I have this second folder containing photos that I'm going to edit then scrap and upload.
- This system really work for me because I only have two main folders and I can easily back up the photos if I want. :)
- New kits are in my hard drive D: together with my photos.
I have a New Downloads folder that have different categories that includes:
- New Kits (Freebies)
- Ct kits
- Purchased kits
- Photoshop (Categories again. e.g. brush, action, etc.)
After I download a kit, I unzipped it to the newest folder (latest folder on my digi stash drive is R7) and when the folder is 700mb, I will create a contact sheet (two copies 1 for the contact sheet folder, 1 for the R7 folder) the reason for having 2 contact sheet is if ever I want to find previous kits all I need to do is search my contact sheet folder.